Tuesday 2 December 2008

Hands up if you hate weaving in the ends.


This is the blanket that I have made for my first (yet to arrive, but not long now) nephew.
I LOOVE it and I just hope its not too GREEN for him. I've got 50% of the ends woven in and I have to say it is my least favourite part of any project. In fact if I'd taken the time I should have woven them in as I crocheted - next time. The wool is from Yarn Barn in Coburg. It took me three trips to pick the colours and get the right amounts - at least thats my excuse.


I've wanted to make a granny square blanket for ages and after the epic amount of time it took me to knit Osgars blanket (made completely from left overs, donations and op shop finds) I decided that Crochet was the way forward! It was so quick to whip up these squares, and I've found that this is both the easiest and "safest" craft for the car. All you need is the yarn and the hook - and no stabbing yourself with a felting/knitting needle at sharp corners or sudden stops!

I've just finished compliling the music for my "joyful music" CD swap that Soozs is organising. Its such a great idea that everyone in my family is getting one for Christmas too. I've been listening to it on repeat all day and the house has been joining in on most of the numbers. Its gonna be in our player for a while I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there and thanks for stopping by to leave a comment.
I love reading them and I'll try my best to respond right here.
Much love,
Dee