Wednesday 25 August 2010

My Creative Space


P8250019, originally uploaded by triskele-threads.
Clearly I'm no expert, but I've been chancing my arm at some spinning of late. Using the drop spindle. Its almost alchemic - transforming these tiny, short pieces of sheeps roving into a strong wool yarn. It was this wonderful blog that woke me to the idea. I hadn't considered it before, but I needed hair for a doll and just couldn't find what I was looking for. This is my second attempt, more doll hair, for a mermaid this time. I'm quite happy with how its turned out. I'm going to need quite a bit more practice and maybe a lesson or two before I'm spinning quantities worthy of knitting a garment with, but for now I'm satisfied.  More creativity can be found here today.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, that looks lovely! Learning how to spin is definitely on my to-do list. Some day... :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there and thanks for stopping by to leave a comment.
I love reading them and I'll try my best to respond right here.
Much love,
Dee