Tuesday 9 April 2013

Yarn Along



I've been finishing off the knitting for the last size of a hat pattern that I hope to release on Ravelry in the next week or so.  Just in time for Autumn down under. Its a sweet little pixie hat inspired by my second girl Tadhg. She was pretty specific when she told me what type of hat she wanted and it suits her no end - she is a giddy mischievous little pixie herself.  - see below.

This hat pattern has been lingering for a couple of months now over Summer and I've promised myself I won't cast on anything else until its done. I have a ball of Poems Sock wool sitting looking at me right now begging me to knit some socks. Its taking a lot of will power to ignore it!

The Chronicles of Narnia, lets start at the start.  I havn't read these before though I do vaguely remember a tv adaptaion of The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe from when I was a kid.  I never really got into the fantasy novels, but I'm looking forward to reading this one to the girls at bedtimes.

This is Tadhg in her new hat at the Handknitters Guild monthly Sit and Knit last weekend.  She was given a beautiful ball of Schoppel Wolle Reggae Ombre from a wee boy in her class for her birthday last Spring.  She's made herself a pair of fingerless gloves and is almost finished a neckwarmer.  I think she'll be wearing these with pride.


Happy Knitting!


2 comments:

  1. aww that is a super cute hat, i love the pixie look!! Have a knitty wednesday xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughter DOES look very mischievous! Love her hat, and amazing job she did on the fingerless gloves ... how sweet that a boy gave her a ball of yarn! I read the Narnia books to my kids when they were young, and they both loved them. Such gentle books with lots of imagination ... very different from the movies. Popped over from Yarn Along ... Wendy :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there and thanks for stopping by to leave a comment.
I love reading them and I'll try my best to respond right here.
Much love,
Dee