Monday 9 April 2012

After the fact . .

We did some Easter crafting this year which means the stars must have been unusually aligned. The big girls made some easter nests using some brown wool scraps and a bottle (I'm not exaggerating here) of pva glue. They used some barely blown up balloons to wind the sopping wool around and across. They look quite like birds nests actually. Then I knit a heap of colored eggs to go inside.
All three big kids made some easter candles using egg shells. I melted down a tall candle in an enamel cup in a pot of boiling water. We carefully cracked the eggs close to one end and emptied them out. We used the wick from the tall candle in the Shells and poured in the melted wax. They were cuffed and we lit them at lunch on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there and thanks for stopping by to leave a comment.
I love reading them and I'll try my best to respond right here.
Much love,
Dee