Tuesday 24 July 2012

Yarn Aong

Tipping away slowly this week at my Whisper. I'm using quite a few modifications from here and there on Ravelry, including knitting the sleeves separately and using a three needle bind off in the centre back instead of the gathering.

I borrowed this bread making book from a friend at the weekend. I've wanted to make my own sourdough for a while now, but it seems so labour intensive! We use a bread-maker and have a fresh loaf every morning, and its beautiful, but sourdough is the best. So maybe I'll try to make just one sourdough loaf a week, on a Friday, for the weekend, we'll see.  I'm using the recipe for the starter to make my own.  Its a bit of an adventure and it might be a disaster. I'll let you know how I go.



Over the weekend the girls yarn bombed the plum tree outside our house. Yarn bombing is rampant in Brunswick where we live and they are quite obsessed with spotting it. Duv crocheted some pieces to sew on around the branches and they hung some pompoms up too.  I  couldn't be prouder and they are loving the attention that its getting from the neighbors.

Happy Knitting!

1 comment:

  1. Love how your whisper's coming along. I have long wanted to make sourdough too :)
    I'm sure it would be well worth the effort :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there and thanks for stopping by to leave a comment.
I love reading them and I'll try my best to respond right here.
Much love,
Dee