Tuesday 16 October 2012

Yarn Along



I'm sick. I've been sick for 10 days now, not that I'm counting or anything . . . I haven't been able to breathe through my nose or taste anything for a week.  I haven't even really felt like knitting . . .
But today I bit the bullet, knocked back a few of those nasty cold and flu tablets and knit a few rows.
( I really needed the cold an flu tablets to get myself to school pickup, the knitting, a side effect)
A friend got me a new 2.5mm addi (picked up at school pickup  - it was the needles I was after, not the children!) to replace my broken bamboo pins and the ugly socks that have been languishing for too long are getting finished - Tonight! I declare.

These socks of mine, they are a Noro remnant that I got at the kinder fete earlier this year.  I'm not sure if I get the attraction to Noro yet, but I seem to keep buying it at every opportunity, so there must be something to it.  These are very odd, and not very attractive socks - but I will wear them lots.

I'm not really reading anything, I'm just trying to breathe. The girls want me to read Tashi. I have no idea what this is? Do you? Should I read it to them? (7&6 yo) Have you got any good book suggestions for that age group?
 
Happy Knitting!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry you are feeling under the weather, some sure is going around. Cold season is here in my part of the world too. Your socks are looking good and warm :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you're not feeling well! I too find it hard to knit (or do much of anything for that matter) when I'm all stuffed up. Hope it passes quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry I didn't cook you a stew!
    Yes read Tashi! We love him and perfect for the girls! I will lend you our Tashi big books!
    Happy recovery!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there and thanks for stopping by to leave a comment.
I love reading them and I'll try my best to respond right here.
Much love,
Dee