Wednesday 3 October 2012

Yarn Along

It's school holidays here and I had two knitting friends and their kids over today. We knit and ate chocolate cake and drank spearmint tea, while the children ran around in the sunshine. It feels like Summer is on it way. Yay.

I'm knitting a Milo for my niece who will be one this month. It's autumn where she lives, all the way back in Ireland. I hope this will keep her snugly and warm this winter. It is very hard being so so far away sometimes. I'm using a skein of Malabrigo worsted and I think I'll just squeeze the 12 month size out of it.

I've got a big stack of books that I'm flicking through. They belong to our playgroup library. I'm the librarian, so I'm lucky enough to get the first look through all the new books we ordered last term. I would have loved The Children's Year about 6 years ago or so when my first couple of kids were tiny. Its really great to have access to these books via playgroup as you can't get them easily in the public libraries here.

Here's to more sunny days of knitting ahead .....


Happy Knitting!

6 comments:

  1. nice stack of books. i really like all year round.
    and the milo, lovely, just lovely. great yarn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You can't beat a skein of Mala worsted.

      Delete
  2. Lovely color on your yarn. How do you like the Knitted Farmyard book? It's been one I've wanted for a long time but haven't bought yet. Glad I stopped by from the Yarn Along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a lovely color! Have you been away from home for long! Being a librarian getting first crack at all those books .....I envy you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been away from Ireland for 10 years this Feburary. Can't believe it really! I never meant to stay this long, but I guess Melbourne is home now.

      Delete
  4. Now that was an impressive stack of books I forgot to ask you about! Too distracted by that delicious chocolate cake! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there and thanks for stopping by to leave a comment.
I love reading them and I'll try my best to respond right here.
Much love,
Dee