Tuesday 22 May 2012

#18

I fell of the bandwagon on Friday.  I didn't crochet on Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday. Yesterday I got my motif mojo back.  I decided that it was against the rules to try and make up my numbers. It is after all "a crochet motif a day".  I think the thoughts of having to crochet 2, then 3 then 4 motifs just to keep up put me off crocheting anything on Monday! Here is yesterdays.


My hands have not been idle.  The girls have a few birthday parties coming up this weekend.  My go to present this year is an embroidered felt pouch with some bars of beeswax inside.  I've been mixing it up with an embroidered name here, if its a short one and initial there and then a little picture, if I've got the time.  I think its quite a sweet present.


Friday night is Dubhessa's first sleepover at a friends place.  I bought her a new set of PJs today and have found her a pink sleeping bag I had stashed at the back of a cupboard.  I have no idea what to expect other than a grumpy sleep deprived girl on Saturday.  Is this about right?


I remember my first sleepover at a friends place.  I was 10. My mam asked me if I had packed clean knickers as I was on my way out the door. . . how embarrassing. It was summer and the evening stayed bright for hours.  We listened to Bon Jovi on a boom box outside on the street with some kids from school,  we had pizza and popcorn for dinner then we slept tops and tails in bed.  Do you remember your first sleepover?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there and thanks for stopping by to leave a comment.
I love reading them and I'll try my best to respond right here.
Much love,
Dee