Tuesday 23 April 2013

Yarn Along



I'm flying by the seat of my pants here. I had a vision in my head of a fisherman pullover style jumper for me littlest girlie made from the leftovers of my Agnes. The catch was that the front panel was all knit in hot pink.  I spent a LONG time thinking about how to knit this in the round with two colours and all I could come up with was breaking and attaching at EVERY colour change (please feel free to comment and tell me how I could have done this more easily!)  Oh - and I didn't use a pattern I just did a bit of math in my head and adjusted the Agnes pattern.  So I'm on the last sleeve.  I've got a mountain of ends to weave in that are making it look incredibly bulky when I try it on her, but other than that I think it might just work out OK size-wise, and end up being super cute - bonus.

I started the Narnia book with the Dubhessa and Tadhg this week.  Dubhessa has declared it too scary and dark, so she opted out after chapter 3 and is doing her own bedtime reading.  Tadhg is loving it.  If you could please recommend some lighthearted easy to follow books for an 8 year old girl I would much appreciate it!

Happy Knitting!

6 comments:

  1. can't wait to see the jumper!
    Try Dominic by William Steiner, a must have for any book shelf! Will satisfy your girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's William Steig! Not Steiner...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! love it. Will do. Dominic it is.

      Delete
  3. wow....I could never come up with my own pattern like that ....good for you! I love the colors and can't wait to see the finished sweater! My girls loved the little house books at that age as read alouds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I keep hearing about the little house books, but I had forgotten about them. They sound lovely.

      Delete
  4. Love hearing about your handwork course - is it local or online - I would love some more details please

    ReplyDelete

Hi there and thanks for stopping by to leave a comment.
I love reading them and I'll try my best to respond right here.
Much love,
Dee